Friday 7 November 2014

Brief Overview

Today, I (as well as my other peers in level 5), received the fourth illustration module brief.
It seems like a very exciting module, and it also seems a bit different to a lot of my previous modules, as I have the great opportunity to work with a multitude of different clients, in the form of interesting live briefs.

This is a very important module, as it is my first venture into the market as a practising illustrator, and I am very optimistic about this module.
It is worth noting that my reputation as an illustrator is on the line, as my work will be outside of an academic environment, and into the commercial world.
With a few of the briefs, there even is the chance to gain some income from this brief too, but that doesn't count for all briefs.

The overview brief.
The brief that can be seen above in the image is the 'overview brief'.
Within the overview, here are many different 'commercial briefs' to choose from.
In total there are 8 different commercial briefs to choose from, ranging from designing the label of a new beer product, to creating an entire exhibition to be featured in a trendy Newcastle based club.
Each brief has its own criteria, which require different processes.

Due to the sheer amount of different commercial briefs to look into, I have decided to research a select few of the briefs that interest me, in a very similar way to the last module, where I looked at a 'shortlist' of albums.
I found this method was the most efficient way to begin my initial research, I will however list the options in the next blog, and highlight key things about all 8 briefs.










Thomas.


No comments:

Post a Comment