Saturday 6 December 2014

Landscape or Portrait? - (small niggle)

When I received the Wylam brewery brief, I assumed that the label would be in a portrait orientation, (like the image below), and to my surprise, the actual orientation of the label is in landscape.

http://www.thetyne.com/images/117.jpg < image reference at this link.
It was not listed on the brief, and I assumed that it would be in a resemblance to other beers that I have come across, as some of Wylam's brews feature portrait labels.
This is the sort of communication issues that occur from time to time in the commercial world, so I will take it in my stride, and adapt my plans to match the brief.

Orientation specification can't be found.
I can still apply my designs onto a wraparound landscape label however, but I now need to additionally develop the wraparound area of the label, which will feature all of the necessary information that the label should have, and I cold even use something such as a Roman pattern to break up the label a bit, which I think might be very attractive.

http://labology.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/catablog/originals/Wylam%20Seahouses.jpg < image reference at this link.
Above is a great example of how I can go about adapting my ideas to match the landscape orientation, by using what I have been focusing on so far, in the middle, and the information on the left and right side.








Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment