Saturday 13 December 2014

Clip Concept #2 (possible ideas)

Now that I have introduced the first stage in my development of the Wylam beer clips, it's time for me to start thinking about possible ideas and routes that I can go down.

I want my clips to reflect the label, so that they all work together kind of like a set, and by now hopefully you should see that the design for my bottle label mainly orients around the theme of botanical illustration.


I could always choose this primary theme again, but doing another set of designs with the same imagery might makes the overriding concepts seem rather stale, and unimaginative. 
To counter this, I could always use elements of a botanical theme, (as I want to stick with this theme), mixed with another theme.

At the start of the module, I looked at a vast number of things that related to the Romans in my research, and these included such additional themes as animals, soldiers, gladiators, politics etc.
I will look back at my blog developments, and my initial sketching book, to help spark some ideas in the same way with how I developed the beer label.

Looking back at my initial sketchbooks.
I feel as if using multiple themes alongside my botanical theme, would help my clip tie in with the label as part of a shared design, however allowing noticeable differences between the clips, and the label.

Over the course of my bottle concept, I came up with a few good ideas, and one of them sticks out to me.
That is the theme of animals, particularity those used in the Colosseum for example, which I produced a good amount of research on.

Colosseum rough doodles.
In the next blog in the development of the beer clips, I will produce a handful of various concept ideas, in a similar fashion to how I developed my bottle label at stage #3.

















Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment