Tuesday 9 December 2014

Competitive Markets

The commercial industry surrounding illustration is a highly competitive market, and I have always experienced a level of competitiveness within my studio modules.
However this new module takes the feel of competition to a new level, as I am now pitted against my fellow students, particularly those doing the Wylam brief alongside me.

Two other students are doing the same brief as me, so this means that I have to aim my work at a high standard in order to have a chance at getting my work placed onto the product, as the official design.

Not only have I go to consider my competition within an academic setting, but also on a professional, and personal level, as once I leave the 'walled garden' of university, I will be exposed, and out in the real world, up against 1000's of other newly qualified artists and illustrators, as well as those already established in the field.

http://thinkingspaceconsultancy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/competition.gif < image reference at this link.
I feel more confident than last year, as I have been exposed to a lot of useful information within professional studies, and I feel as if my art has developed, however there is a large amount of room for improvement as always, as I don't feel as if I am quite there yet with my skills, to stand my work apart from others in the industry.

In visual culture studies, I have been looking at my own unique creative voice, and it has allowed for me to have a good opportunity to look back on my past, and to look toward my future.

This is healthy for any illustrator, and I will start to understand fully where I want to be in the industry, so by time I graduate, I will be in a better position than I am now.

http://www.logicbricks.com/images/surround_view/xylon-roadmap-for-surround-view.jpg < image reference at this link.











Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment